Friday, September 25, 2009

The Tie



I'm sure the tie has been the source of much speculation..




So...here's the story. Once, about 15 years ago, I was in Italy on an equipment buying trip and


as is the custom of my wonderful Italian hosts, they presented me with a


gift as I was leaving. I didn't know it at the time, but we had been touring tile


factories in a specific region of Italy that was also known for the silk trade.


So they gave me this tie.... very nice, very expensive, pure silk, and it has little


geese all over it. It's a very unique tie and I've never seen another like it.




So.... I put my goose tie on one Sunday morning and wear it to church. After church our associate pastor says "what is that on your tie....it looks like sperm to me". When she reads this, she'll get a chuckle. And I still do occasionally wear that tie to church on purpose. I had never noticed...I had only seen it from up close and it is geese. see for yourself.




Isn't life funny sometimes.




Today, I finish the first round of Sutent. 14 days on, 7 days off, 14 days on, and I'll start a week off. Then we'll do it all over again. I do have some minor side effects. I think it's about time for my hair to turn white....this week I've noticed that there is a little irritatable rash under my hair. I can put up with it because I normally don't wear a hat, but I noticed it on Wednesday when I was in Houston looking at an old courthouse...and we had to have hardhats on. The other thing is that we spent the better part of Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning climbing stairs in and around that courthouse.... wore me out...I'll blame it on the chemo.




Gone to my 40th High School Class reunion this weekend...Should be a hoot...we're all old people now!!!!




Purple Hull

No comments: