Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Get it Gone, Gone, Gone

Hey, That desk was my Daddy's desk and it hasn't been that clean since I moved it into my office. Just ask "the Carrot" how much gnashing of teeth was required for me to finally get everything put away.

Well, the Keeper of the Rotten Kidney is just about to turn that duty over to someone else...maybe a big ol' red hazardous medical waste bag or something. I kinda wonder if I'd like to see it, but it's probably yuck!! I'm not on drugs yet and I thought last night that maybe I'd like to be awake so I could see what was going on...hell, I can't even get stuff out of my own eye. The kidney was a good one and I wonder what will fill the hole that will be left. Maybe they could shove a little of my belly over in the gap and then my 6-pack would show through. I still have one under there I'm sure. (glass half full)

It has been an amazingly long time since this thing was discovered and also an amazingly short time to get ready to get the surgery done.

Family and friends and friends-of-friends, seen and unseen, known and unknown, have responded to my news and have lifted us up emotionally and spiritually. I am grateful for that support. I may even mumble some of your names under the influence of anesthesia. I'll keep all the secrets.

We will get this thing done in the morning and the Docs can have a late lunch. I guess I'll get jello and steamed carrots for awhile. Maybe somebody will smuggle in a Diet Coke and some Key Lime Pie.

Maybe I'll get some new shirts. I do have some new Hawaiian flowerdy shirts ready for my hospital attire. There is not a red one in the bunch. Surely this crazy family of mine will post some pics of ME.... it's all about me. :D lovin' it !!!!!

I've enjoyed seeing my kids' personalities on parade. It's amazing that they are permutations of the combination of us.

I'll blog again on the post side of the surgery. Looks like I'll be laid up with nothin' to do for awhile. My personal e-mail is greatspeckledbyrd@gmail.com. I'll write back as meds permit.
Some of those might be interesting.

up short KORK
soon to be just plain ol Purple Hulls again

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hey, Uncle Bryan! I said a prayer for you as soon as I woke up this morning! I'm looking forward to hearing that all is well later on today. Love, Jenny